TableCheck, Japan's leading restaurant reservation management platform, is seeking a Developer Support Engineer.
The Customer Reliability Engineering team at TableCheck works with engineers within both our organisation and our customer's IT and Engineering teams to be able to both deliver results and advocate for customer needs. As a member of our CRE team you will primarily support our Enterprise customers and third-party integration developers alongside our SREs.
We are looking for CREs with a deep understanding of what it means to be customer focused. Developer Support Engineers gather complete and well-documented requirements, fill out vendor analysis documents, communicate often and openly with internal stakeholders, and show strong customer empathy whilst focusing on the end goal.
TableCheck's CREs are strong individual contributors who can deliver quick and effective results, and know when and how to document and write requirements for larger issues.
On the CRE team are developers who successfully deliver and maintain integrations and features for our Enterprise customers (API / Payments). CRE takes on the responsibility of keeping our customer SLOs, such as developing hot-fixes and working with our SRE team to develop monitoring tools. As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be responsible for working alongside these developers and external developers and partners.
You can read more about Customer Reliability Engineering at TableCheck here.
- Our CREs focus on customer satisfaction by delivering short-term work across systems such as our Public API.
- Our CREs handle reliability for integrations, using the same tooling stack as our SREs.
- Our CREs handle customer-facing issues through code, such as by developing features or fixing issues.
- Our CREs train and support our internal Support, Consulting and Implementation teams.
- Our CREs are constantly on the lookout for and building tools to discover issues, and have a high degree of familiarity with our products in order to deliver solutions.
- Fluent (and confident!) English speaking and writing skills.
- The ability to find a path forward independently whilst keeping the team informed when faced with new challenges.
- Experience with filling out vendor compliance forms.
- Experience with customer support.
- Capacity to swiftly diagnose and fix issues for customers.
- Documentation and ability to quickly triage issues for our Enterprise customers, assisting them in delivering the product for their ultimate users.
- Ability to research and provide input on issues outside of your current knowledge.
- Ability to tackle issues from the point of optimum consequence for our customers.
- Preference to work in a Kanban format with a high amount of triage.
A native level of English is required.
(No Japanese skill is required for this role.)
We will evaluate candidates based on the following stages:
- Initial interview - a one-on-one 30 minute chat over Google Meet to see if we're the right fit
- Technical interview - (virtually) meet the SRE team at TableCheck to evaluate your skills (no whiteboard or materials required)
- Take-home project - we will provide you with a 30-60 minute project, which will evaluate your dev and ops skills