TableCheck is a global platform built to help restaurants own their guest experience.
We help merchants reduce their reliance on paid booking channels by directly converting first-time diners into repeat guests—and repeat guests into loyal fans.
Please read some articles on our blog to see if TableCheck is the right place for you.
Our core stack (ideal skillset)
- Ember.js, PandaCSS
- Cypress (for both component and e2e tests)
- Vite, Vitest
- Semaphore CI
Other Preferred Skills
- Japanese language ability.
- Previous experience working in a startup.
- Ruby on rails, mongodb/mongoid.
This role is open to software engineers of all experience levels and educational backgrounds.
This role is right for you if have:
- Humility and a collaborative mindset, leaving no room for ego.
- Proven experience delivering results in a distributed, async team cross many timezones.
Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to discover and reflect on your own cognitive biases to foster a more inclusive team environment across cultures, languages and borders.
- Strong technical fundamental skills and an insatiable thirst for improvement, no matter your current skill level.
- The desire to hold yourself and your team accountable to the highest standards of engineering.
- A stable internet connection is absolutely required.
- Fluent English is required. Japanese is not required but is a plus.
- Four hours overlap with our core hours of 11:00 ~ 19:00 GTM+9 is required.
At TableCheck, we believe in a comprehensive and meaningful interview process that goes beyond traditional rote-memorizing assessments. Our aim is to evaluate your mastery of the fundamentals, problem-solving abilities, openness to receiving constructive feedback on design choices, and most importantly, your compatibility with our team dynamics during day-to-day operations. LeetCode style pure algorithm questions or take-homes will not be used for this specific interview process.
The interview process for this role consists of the following stages:
- 60 minute chat with the engineering manager.
- Take-home assignment.
- Chat on google meets with our engineers where we discuss your take-home assignment, tradeoffs you made, and possibly ask you to add another feature.
- 60 minute chat with cross-team members in product, qa, design, etc.
Perks & Benefits
- 10 days PTO, with summer break, winter break and your birthday off.
- Remote-first, no "hybrid" working either.
- Japanese visa sponsorship, and reimbursement for visa renewal.
- Budget for educational and training materials including copilot, chatGPT, frontend masters, clean coders, etc.
- Referral bonuses.
- Sales commissions if you're able to bring new customers onto our platform.
- Diverse working environment with awesome individuals from over 19 countries.