TableCheck, Japan’s leading restaurant reservation management platform, is seeking a Backend Developer experienced in API design and development. As a member of our team you will scope, architect, and build critical components which integrate with numerous internal and third-party systems.
TableCheck has embraced remote work. As such, communication and documentation are in our blood. We look for and write about signals in the noise which enables us to constantly learn and adapt, and we expect members of our teams to constantly follow up with questions and updates to keep everyone in the loop.
• Design and code APIs for customer, vendor, and internal use
• Create integrations with 3rd party APIs
• Create clear and concise documentation
• Interact with vendors
• General backend development
• Task management
• 5+ years of backend development
• 3+ years Ruby on Rails
• 3+ years MongoDB or PostgreSQL
• Previous startup experience highly desired
• Software security
• Test-driven development
• Payment gateway integration
• Any of Elixir/Phoenix, Scala, Go, or Python
• Business level English
• Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their technical skill, cultural fit,
and strength of their previous experience.
• Applicants will be asked to complete a small coding project for evaluation purposes.