TableCheck is a global platform built to help restaurants own their guest experience.
We help merchants reduce their reliance on paid booking channels by directly converting first-time diners into repeat guests—and repeat guests into loyal fans.
Used by over 7,000 restaurants, in over 30 countries, including top hospitality brands and over 150 Michelin starred restaurants, TableCheck has set new standards for restaurant management tools in Japan and is steadily growing to take on the challenge to become the world’s leader in restaurant management.
To support this vision, we are looking for a Design Manager.
What you will do:
- Own the customer journey end to end across TableCheck products and communication channel.
- Partner with Operations, Sales, Product, Engineering and QA to build the experience our users need and help drive TableCheck Vision and Strategy.
- Continuously identify opportunities for growth in adoption, onboarding, retention.
- Mentor and develop the product design team to consistently deliver on projects and strive to be subject matter experts in their field.
- Facilitate and contribute to design critiques, investing in a culture of feedback and growth to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Help improve design processes and workflow to accelerate team efficiency.
- Can scrutinize low level details, but also provide a strategic guidance and direction.
- Influences and guides the organization to continue developing a user-centric, design driven culture at TableCheck.
- Pay Attention to competitors to build opportunities for differentiation and growth.
- Partner with Marketing to build branding and promotional assets (digital or physical).
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing a team of diverse designers including UI/UX , visual design, branding and print design.
- A portfolio including a variety of shipped projects and products.
- Experience in key design tools (such as Figma, Mazed, Adobe Suite) and systems for product design and brand creative, keeping abreast of new design applications and methodologies used across industry.
- Excellent design and problem solving skills, willing to even roll up your sleeves as needed.
- Strong sense of esthetics to help bring TableCheck to the next level
- Good knowledge of web / apps design and user research methodology.
- Empathy with Food and Beverage operators who are not comfortable with technology, and solve merchant and diners problems.
- Strong design opinions but ability to make compromise.
- Comfortable with writing copy.
- Obsessed with Customer problems.
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives.
- Strong communicator with toolset for storytelling; ability to work collaboratively, give and receive feedback, and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Comfortable with change and rapid pace of decision.
- Fluent English required.
- Experience in the Hospitality industry.
- Internationalization and localization experience.
- Familiarity with Japanese culture and etiquette.
- B2B and B2C experience.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Japanese is a plus.
- Technology > Product
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Founded in 2011, TableCheck is a tech start up company that provides solutions and products to restaurants and hospitality businesses around the world. Part of TableCheck’s mission is to change the landscape of hospitality with its all-in-one restaurant booking and guest experience platform. To make this happen, we need to grow our global team and find the best minds to empower worldwide hospitality.
Loading application form
Already working at TableCheck?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.