UI/UX Designer at TableCheck
Join our team of professionals in a unique way - a fully remote working environment with some of the best professionals around the world.
About The Team
TableCheck is changing the online reservation business and has connected millions of diners to the restaurants they love. We help diners make restaurant reservations, and we help merchants manage table inventory, enrich dining experiences, automate marketing and visualize multi-property analytics to gain insights into their restaurant performance. Our goal is to both inform and delight.
At TableCheck we have a design team with blended skillsets who work with the leadership team to create vision and drive the growth of our business internationally. The design team takes full ownership of both diner and merchant user experience journeys. Not only does this lead to fast-paced development and pivots, it facilitates a close-knit team that nurtures these user experiences.
About the Role
The UI/UX designer’s mission is to design the best restaurant reservation experience in the world. Our exciting product roadmap includes continuous innovation of our contactless payment platform, online search portal, restaurant analytics, and many third-party integrations. The breadth of UX design work at TableCheck will be both a challenge and a rewarding way to learn. If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, and like a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Defining problems and opportunities on the diner and the merchant experiences
· Research and analysis the latest trends in UI/UX and how these can be applied to our business
· Designing with an user-centric approach combining a deep understanding of human behaviour and technology
· Design with impact - constantly innovate, challenge and push our design to the next level
· Designing experiences journeys, drawing journey maps, creating personas and services blueprint
· Wire-framing information architectures, validating across iOS, Android, and web platforms
· Prototyping high-fidelity designs as well as follow through production
· Improving and maintaining TableCheck’s design components system
· Participating in ongoing design reviews and iterations during the agile sprints
· Reviewing the performance of the release and iterating designs to improve usability
· Running user testing workshops and guerrilla testing if needed
What You’ll Need
· 3+ years of experience in designing world-class complex digital solutions, either from agency or in-house
· A portfolio with global design work examples
· Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
· Ability to clearly articulate design thinking and context
· Ability to understand how technical would impact design decisions
· Passion about design systems, strong sense in typography, grids, and interaction / motion
· Exceptional with Figma
· Passion for solving problems and being challenged
· Constantly learning. You will always be growing - both personally and with the team
· Work around the Japan timezone
Nice to Have
· Japanese speaking / reading
· Some experience in programming and ability to code simple prototypes