Japan or Remote
TableCheck is a fully remote-work company and welcomes candidates from around the world. We ask that all applicants be able to work during Japan time zone afternoon (at minimum from 1pm to 7pm JST). We are also sponsor visas for candidates wishing to relocate to Japan.
TableCheck makes an innovative restaurant guest and reservation management platform used by over 6,000 restaurants in over 30+ countries, including top hospitality brands over 150 Michelin starred restaurants. We envision a world where restaurants own their own guest data and can develop direct, personal relationships with their customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, we seek to bring Japan’s unrivaled level of hospitality to the world, creating moments diners will cherish for a lifetime.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Manager at TableCheck, you will be the Product Owner of TableCheck’s flagship F&B guest and reservation management app using in top hospitality brands in over 30 countries. You will work closely with your team consisting of Engineering, UX/UI, QA, and a Customer Champion to achieve customer retention and growth. Product Managers at TableCheck have strong communication skills, customer empathy, and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and user personas from different parts of the world.
- 5+ years in product management B2B Enterprise / SaaS software companies with a proven history of success
- Empathetic Compass - you can empathize with F&B operators who are not comfortable with technology, and solve merchant problems and their buyers
- Starts with ‘why’ - obsesses over problems over solutions, consider mission or goals
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience owning and driving the building and shipping of complex, SaaS products at scale with empowered teams
- A love of storytelling
- Ability to wireframe and rapidly iterate product ideas
- Strong track record of building data collection strategy, using data, analytics to drive outcomes, exhibiting a deep understanding of the different options and tradeoffs needed
- Must be able to overlap with Japan time zone business hours, at minimum from 1 pm to 7 pm JST.
- Ability to build trust through collaboration and effective communication
- Know ins and outs of F&B industry; educational background in Restaurant Management
- Design skill and familiarity with design thinking
- Internationalization and localization experience
- Familiarity with Japanese culture and etiquette
- Experience managing and growing teams
- B2C experience
- Familiarity with continuous software development, writing technical specifications, and pseudo-code
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Fluent English required
- Business level Japanese required
- Chinese, or other languages is a plus but not mandatory