TableCheck is a global platform built to help restaurants own their guest experience.
We help merchants reduce their reliance on paid booking channels by directly converting first-time diners into repeat guests—and repeat guests into loyal fans.
Used by over 8,000 restaurants in 35 countries–including over 270 Michelin-starred restaurants and top hospitality brands such as Hilton, Hyatt, and IHG–TableCheck has set new standards for restaurant management tools in Japan and is steadily growing to take on the challenge to become the world’s leader in restaurant management.
The HRBP for the Engineering Department is responsible for fostering a high-performance culture within the Engineering teams by providing strategic HR support and guidance. This role plays a pivotal part in aligning HR initiatives with the department's objectives, ensuring the attraction and development of top engineering talent, and promoting a positive and inclusive work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Partnership: Align HR initiatives with business objectives in the tech sector.
- Talent Management: Oversee talent acquisition, development, and retention.
- Performance Management: Assist in performance management processes and resolve performance issues.
- Employee Relations: Handle complex employee relations issues and maintain compliance with employment laws.
- Training and Development: Identify and implement training programs for tech teams.
- HR Metrics and Analytics: Analyze HR metrics to support managers decision-making.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Minimum of 5 years in the field of HR with at least tech company (department) experience.
- Experience working in a multicultural/multinational environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Deep understanding in Performance Management, with prior experience in managing the full Performance Management spectrum from Goal setting to year-end evaluation as well as being able to summarize all necessary data to compile for calibration and send out necessary promotion and merit increase.
- Knowledge of HR systems and HR Data analytics.
- Able to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Experience working is a fast paced environment
- Understanding of the Labor Law (domestic and international)
- Experience working for a start-up company